Things I did not think I’d be writing: this post. After 2.5 years of the pandemic, not getting Covid-19 once, I thought I was immune. Alas, I am not. Today is day three of symptoms. Things I’ve done these past few days:
- Stress-cleaned my room
- Cooked chicken soup
- Taken two covid tests
- Measured my temperature, a lot
- Consumed Advil and Tylenol, a lot
- Drank like I’m a parched camel on a hot desert day
- Re-watched dance moms
- Taken one (1) nap (a rarity for me)
That’s it. I am behind on work. I am supposed to be finishing a training for practicum, and it is unfinished. I haven’t done a single productive thing. I’ve been in bed most of the day because I have no energy to be my usual self, although I have energy to complain (haha)
The blessings during this time:
- My cat, who is usually distant and aloof, climbed! into! my! lap! entirely on his own.
- My stepdad has graciously purchased cough drops and cooked me dinner.
- My boyfriend has been checking in and calling multiple times a day to ensure that I’m drinking, eating, and generally surviving
- My best friend, who also has covid-19 (ironically at the same time as me, even though we haven’t seen each other in two weeks) is checking in multiple times a day as well. I had to talk her out of bringing ginger to my house. Her fever is higher than mine and the only place she should be driving to is Dreamland.
- Grandparents and mom have been checking in as well, albeit from a distance. My grandma has made offers to bring me food, which is kind and sweet but I don’t want her coming anywhere near me, for obvious reasons.
- I had to cancel on three people who were coming to my dinner party, which was supposed to be yesterday. They were really kind and understanding about it. I felt like the worst person ever, cancelling a party, but they said that this was a very valid reason 😂
Because I don’t feel great, I’ve been spending this time entirely in “loaf” mode. It took getting Covid-19 and losing my energy to give myself an excuse to just watch movies and exist for two days. I’m also grateful to have so much support and love from people. Hopefully I’ll be back to my usual schedule in no time 🙂